Saturday, 28 July 2012

Graham's Simple Homemade Doner Kebab Recipe

One of my favourite meals is a doner kebab.  I have been playing about with different recipes for quite a while, and finally have come up with one that really tastes delicious and is perfect for making in small batches.  This recipe is ideal as a snack for 4 people.

Ingredients (serves 4)


  • 500g lean lamb mince
  • 3 garlic cloves, crushed
  • 1 tbs plain flour
  • 2 tbs each olive oil and chopped parsley
  • 2 tsp each ground cumin and cinnamon
  • 3 tsp ground coriander
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 1/4 chopped onion
  • Lemon, warmed pita, salad, natural yoghurt and mint, to serve

Method


Put the chopped onion into a food processor/blender and blend until the onion turns into a liquid.  

Place the lamb mince in a mixing bowl, and add the garlic, flour, oil, parsley, spices, egg, salt, pepper and the onion liquid. 



Mix together (ideally use your hands to ensure that the lamb and the other ingredients are fully mixed together.



Once fully combined together, place the mixture into the fridge for at least one hour (ideally overnight).  This will allow the spices to marinate into the lamb.

Preheat a grill to medium-high.  Remove the mixture from the fridge and mould into a block shape and place onto a baking tray.



Place the tray under the grill for 4 minutes or until browned.  Drain off any liquid, then turn upside down so the sealed side is on the tray and grill until the other side is brown and the kebab is cooked through.

Slice the meat into thin strips, squeeze over lemon, then pack into the pita bread with salad, yoghurt and mint.


4 comments:

Cocaine Princess said...

Two posts on cooking-- watch out Chef Ramsay, here comes Chef Graham!

Getty72 said...

Hey CP! Well I set myself a challenge to focus on my creative side a lot more, and one of the ways I love to be creative is through my cooking. So I thought I would share some of my favourite dishes. It's a lot of fun and I guess it reveals a little bit more about me when you see some of the things I eat xx

Anonymous said...

Made it and loved it! Simple and tasty! Thanks!!

Gerri said...

I didn't realise it was so easy. I have made this today and it turned out perfect. Thanks for the recipe.

Graham's Photobook....Through The Eyes Of A Dreamer

Please click on the link below to view or purchase my new book.